Just a quick and simple little how to for you here, some video instructions and some quick tips. First, the video:
- The garment only needs to stay in the plastic bag for about 5-10 minutes after you’ve sprayed it (if necessary), not an hour like they say in the video above.
- Use distilled water, doing so will prevent minerals in tap water from penetrating the fabric and making it stiff.
- You can use some spray starch for extra crispness, but you should know that a heavily starched shirt can wrinkle a lot more when worn and also end up being uncomfortable as well.
- Keep the iron moving, obviously never rest the iron face-down on the clothing.
When youâ€™re done ironing, you should empty the water from the iron while it’s hot.
- This reduces the moisture that’s left in the water compartment of the iron. Also, allow the iron to cool off before you put it away (you don’t want to start a fire if the iron is stored near anything flammable).
Here’s a REALLY good quality article where someone put together the step-by-step instructions along with pictures for most steps, highly recommended.