Oh these look unbelievably good, I’ve had cream cheese brownies that my mom makes before and I thought those were just the greatest possible manifestation of the brownie ever, that’s it nobody can improve on the brownie, this is the top. But no! Lo, behold the desert orgasm that is the cherry swirl chocolate cream cheese brownie!
You know what the great thing about this recipe is, though? They’re straight from Betty Crocker–simple recipe, just requires some pre-made Betty Crocker brownie mix (or you can make your own mix from scratch, but it’s good to have the pre-made mix option for the lazy ones amongst us), cream cheese, and cherries, that’s about it. Here’s the recipe, straight from the Betty Crocker website:
Cream cheese, maraschino cherries and chocolate create a trio of delight in fudgy brownies.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 2 hours 0 min
Makes: 16 brownies
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped well-drained maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 egg
- 1 box Betty CrockerÂ® Ultimate Fudge brownie mix with Hershey’sÂ® Fudge Pouch and melt away mini chips
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
1. Heat oven to 350 °F. Grease bottom of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cherries, cherry juice and 1 egg with spoon; set aside.
3. Make brownie batter as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs–except spread half of the batter in pan. Spread cream cheese mixture over batter. Spoon remaining batter on top; spread gently to cover.
4. Bake 39 to 49 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour, before cutting. Store covered in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude brownie directions on box.
*Softening cream cheese is easy. Just microwave unwrapped cream cheese in a microwavable bowl on High for 15 to 20 seconds.
1 Brownie: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 27g); Protein 4g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet