Paid survey sites have become a very friendly and trendy method of earning some extra money for college students. And why not?
College students have easy accessibility to internet, are opinionated about the world around as well as have some time to spare.
However, not all survey sites are legitimate, and you should stay wary of scam sites to prevent time and effort wastage.
Here we have listed ten best survey sites, to help you find the best site that matches your requirement and what can you expect in return.
Survey Junkie is an online survey site with a community of over 4 million members, as it is reputedly existing since its inception in year 2009.
The reward comes in form of virtual points in return for completing their panel surveys.
Most survey points range from 20 to 200. You can make up as much as $45 an hour on surveys.
You can even earn 50 points on becoming a member. Ratings based on the following features-
- Convenience – 5 star (updated website, easy to navigate)
- Accessibility – 5 star ( available on most devices)
- Return on Time: 4.5 star (decent money can be made)
- Privacy: 5 star (no personal information is shared without consent)
- Overall Grade: A
Read detailer surveyjunkie review here.
Harris Poll has earned a goodwill in the market research industry, by abiding to the standards of various organisations like the National Council of Public Polls (NCPP),
the Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO), the Council for Marketing and Opinion Research (CMOR), and the European Society for Opinion & Marketing Research (ESOMAR).
Harris Poll’s reward system offers its members with points after the completion of each survey.
These points can be redeemed for cash via e-vouchers or a e-Gift card from iTunes, Home Depot, Walmart and Amazon.
Convenience: 4.0 star (Initial survey questions are bit lengthy and occasional server problem happens)
- Accessibility: 5 star (Available on most devices, and have an easy interface)
- Return on Time: 4.5 star (Different rewards that can be withdrawn at lesser amount. Even if you disqualify from a survey, you will get 15 points as compensation for your time)
- Privacy: 5 star (there is no possibility of identifying an individual participant)
- Overall Grade: A
Global Test Market has a decent standard of survey with user-friendly interface. Their survey requests may not be so frequent, usually a few times a week.
- Convenience: 4.5 star (Notice few pop-ups but nothing that can’t be fixed by a pop up blocker)
- Accessibility: 4.5 star ( works well on both desktop and mobile)
- Return on Time: 3.5 star (Not great all the time, but when it pays, it giver super
- Privacy: 5 star (Your information is made anonymous before sharing it out)
- Overall Grade: C+
Another big and prestigious company in market, Vindale Research is not too cluttered with needless offers and unintentional subscriptions.
It is a reliable company to make some side money. It might not be the highest paid survey, but at par with many.
- Convenience: 5 star (simple and friendly screens)
- Accessibility: 5 star (Well supported by multiple OS, browsers, and platforms)
- Return on Time: 4.5 star (Surveys takes more time than as advertised, but still not bad)
- Privacy: 4 star (Reasonable privacy is maintained)
- Overall Grade: A
VIPVoice is a legit survey website, backed by the internationally renowned company NPD.
Based on a point system, you can earn points by taking surveys, and later redeem the points on their exclusive rewarding website SweepLand.com for a bunch of different items.
However, the payouts are usually not worth the effort.
Chances of winning a prize are slim, but you can also try redeeming your points by participating in auctions or sweepstakes.
- Convenience: 1.5 star (Easy sign-up process but sooner you end up on a third party site)
- Accessibility: 2 star (Operational through all OS and browsers but does not function very well on tablet or smartphone)
- Return on Time: 1.5 star (Delayed)
- Privacy: 1 star (Information is not safe)
- Overall Grade: D-
Established in 1977, E-Poll is an esteemed survey site owned by Bridge Entertainment Inc. What makes it different from others is the focus on entertainment.
E-Poll is based on points system, however the point-to-cash ratio can vary from time to time. Some people think it’s a scam, but you have to take your call.
- Convenience: 4.5 star (Quite comfortable with their dubious rewards system)
- Accessibility: 4 star (Available on desktop and android mobiles, but only available in the US)
- Return on Time: 3 star (With a wide range of payment options, processing time is around 8 weeks)
- Privacy: 5 star ( You data is shared with some research companies but not your personal identification)
- Overall Grade: C+
Panda Research is owned and operated by A&A Marketing, existing since 2005. Like most other survey panels, members answer the paid survey and can earn up to $75.
People have different reviews about its legitimacy.
- Convenience: 3.5 star (Easy signup but whimsical payment methods)
- Accessibility: 4 star (Available on desktop, the site is not updated)
- Return on Time: 2.5 star (Payment is irregular)
- Privacy: 5 star (Information is protected. When you unsubscribe, you can delete all your information)
- Overall Grade: C
Swagbucks is one of the most promising and popular survey research company and reward portal.
Swagbucks, unlike other survey sites, tell upfront how and where they are using customer’s information.
- Convenience: 5star (Flawless and speedy setup)
- Accessibility: 5 star (They have their own app for Android and Apple platforms)
- Return on Time: 5star (very fast turnaround time like Industry payout)
- Privacy: 5 star (Excellent private policy. They openly tell you how your info is being used. Although Swagbucks also have links to other sites, whose privacy policies may differ, so you have to be watchful)
- Overall Grade: A+
9. Ipsos i-say
Ipsos is another very big online market research firm with reliability and reputation.
i-Say is a division of the company that take surveys for money mainly targeting college students.
Their survey requirements are comparatively more specific and translates into fair pay for your efforts.
- Convenience: 4.5 star (Easy sign up with your email address, name and physical address)
- Accessibility: 5 star (Website is mobile friendly)
- Return on Time: 4.5 star (Survey quality is low at times but usually payment comes on time)
- Privacy: 5star (Usage of information is clearly explained and you have an option to opt out whenever you want)
- Overall Grade: A
Another survey site with positive reviews, where rewards come through PayPal or from a big selection of gift cards.
Free promo codes and free contests are often available on the site. It is open for people outside US also.
PrizeRebel offers many ways of earning points including watching videos and completing survey tasks.
- Convenience: 5star (Friendly interface and daily progress tracking, but no app )
- Accessibility: 3.5 star ( no app but comfortable web integration)
- Return on Time: 5 star (Usually within 24 hours)
- Privacy: 4 star (Privacy is not the best, but not bad either)
- Overall Grade: B+
The first thing when checking out a survey site is to verify its legitimacy, followed by how well it pays. These industry favorites survey sites mentioned above will help you get started.