With a history and legacy of over a century, the 1911 pistols are still going strong and for a good reason. The beloved John Mosses Browning’s design are accurate, thin profile with a trigger that beats all other handgun platforms yet devised.
Take a look at out detailed review and list of top 1911 pistols based on customer reviews on popular retail websites, features offered and performance. We are sure that you will find the right pistol for you here.
1. Colt Combat Elite
Colt Combat Elite is a classic pistol manufactured in America and popular for its reliability and quality. It is beautifully designed with 2 tone rosewood half checkered grip, 8Rd Capacity, with forged steel receiver, slide, barrel, and slide stop.
- Enhanced hammer
- Extended single sided tactical safety lock
- Sculpted beavertail grip safety with palm swell
- Lowered and flared ejection port
- NM Barrel and fixed sights
- Full length guide rod
- Front and rear slide serrations
- Favorite among combat target shooters, competitions and sport shooters
- Price – $1,149
2. Dan Wesson Elite Series Chao
From the house of Dan Wesson, the Elite Series Chaos’ quality, workmanship and finish is unparalleled. Designed for power requirements during competition, it has 9mm pistol with superb 23+1 round capacity and double stackable magazines.
- Adjustable rear sights reduce glare and deliver crisp sight picture
- Ambidextrous safety comes standard
- Competition Magwell to make reloads smooth
- Flat face, k-style, long face trigger
- Custom G10 Grips
- Low mass hammer with polished hook and engagement
- Price – $1,800
3. Wilson Combat Tactical Elite
From the manufacturers of top end defensive pistols Wilson Combat, comes the Tactical Elite with great quality and accuracy that can give serious competition. Along with combat proven features of any CQB, it has a slightly heavier barrel to reduce coil and faster recovery time between shots.
- Integral mag well and a 3.5- to 4.5-pound trigger pull.
- Available in a range of common chambering: 9mm, .38 Super and, of course, .45 ACP
- Fiber-optic front sight gets you on target
- Bullet proof magazine well with high-ride beavertail grip safety
- Hand-fit, match-grade, heavy-flanged cone barrel
- Ambidextrous Bullet Proof® thumb safety
- Price – $3650.00
4. STI Edge
Edge is the flagship of the STI lineup and considered baseline among competition guns. This very popular gun has been going strong for more than 15 years, thanks to its solid, custom quality craftsmanship and precision.
- State of the art 2011 long wide frame with full-length cover, which adds a little extra
- weight under the barrel to fight muzzle climb and reduce recoil.
- CNC machined unique barstock slide
- Adjustable bomar style rear sight for a perfect zero,
- Ambidextrous thumb safety and magwell
- Fully adjustable rear
- Oversized magazine well greatly enhances reloading
- Match-grade parts ensure this pistol is inherently precise
- Fiber optic front sight
- Price – $2,295
5. Kimber Eclipse Target II
A model of Kimber Eclipse, that won Shooting Industry magazine’s “Academy of Excellence” award for Handgun of the Year, has striking appearance with excellent performance. This American gun, delivers great value for money. It is a full-sized model 1911, with a 5- inch barrel, is chambered in .45 ACP and has Custom Shop features like 30 lines per inch front strap checkering.
- It has adjustable target sights with a radius of 6.8 inches feature tritium inserts by
- Meprolight that glow in the dark
- Front slide serrations enhance handling under competition stress
- skeletonized match trigger breaks between 4 and 5 pounds
- Match-grade parts ensure accuracy
- Stainless steel frame and slide
- Premium match grade aluminum trigger
- Price $1,393
6. Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced
If you are looking for a solid firearm under $1000 that provides consistent shooting, this American made 1911 might be right for you.
- Novak-type adjustable rear sight with robuest fiber-optic front sight
- Front and rear slide serrations
- Beavertail safety and single-side thumb safety
- Enhanced hammer
- Anodized aluminum match trigger
- Enhanced wide thumb safety
- Flat checkered mainspring housing (20 LPI)
- Match-grade stainless barrel and bushing
- Front grip strap serrations
- Custom grips with thumb groove and ambidextrous cut
- 8-Round magazine with bumper pads (2)
- Price – $800
7. Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron Super Target
The sport-oriented Super Target sports classic 1911 contours re-engineered to feature modern components and technology. These models are full-size, single-action, single-stack .45 ACP handguns. It features clean design and excellent finish, with exception accuracy at a great price.
- Adjustable sights with a fiber optic front sight.
- Custom Engraved Slide for more precision
- Custom wood grips
- ambidextrous safety
- Stainless steel slide and frame
- Match grade barrels fire control parts
- Price – $1,198
The right pistol for your needs depends a lot on the intended use and the price you are willing to pay for it.
Most of the above mentioned guns will bring out the best in their operators, as the 1911 are known for their accuracy. They feature crisp trigger, with several safety features with great scope of customization. Hope you find one of these competition ready 1911 as the right model for your needs.