Right, today we’re going to make some triple-cooked french fries like you’ll see in the video below, but then we’re going to go a step further, we’re going to…kick it up a notch .
We’re going to take our homemade triple-cooked french fries and then we’re going to use them to make some Texas Cheese Fries–I’m kinda doing this in honor of the 4th of July, which is tomorrow (not that you shouldn’t try this if you’re reading this later), but this is the perfect accompaniment to some burgers, steaks, and hotdogs. Recipe for the Texas Cheese Fries is after the video, have a look:
Texas Cheese Fries
- 32 oz tripled-cooked french fries (don’t worry about whether you’ve got exactly 32 oz or not, just make a bunch and slather away, you’ll be fine 😀 )
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onions.
- 1/2 cup of shredded colby-monterey jack cheese .
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt.
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt (onion salt is good, too).
- 4 slices bacon (mmmm…bacon), cooked & crumbled.
- 1 cup of ranch dressing .
- 1 1/4 oz taco seasoning .
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven just enough so that you can melt the cheese over the fries later.
- Combine the ranch dressing along with half the taco seasoning and put it aside.
- In a small container sprinkle some black pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic salt, then put the remaining taco seasoning in and mix.
- Once the tripled-cooked french fries are done, put them into a paper bag and sprinkle the seasoning you just mixed onto the fries.
- Place fries onto a serving dish that you can place into the oven.
- Put the cheese & bacon evenly over the fries on the baking sheet.
- Put the fries in a hot oven until the cheese has melted, then remove.
- Spread the green onions over the fries.
- Serve fries with the previously prepared sauce for dipping.
Additional Resources and Further Reading
Mexican french fries with beef (I like the idea of involving some beef, kinda like chili cheese nachos…but with fries…sort of)